Monday, January 25, 2010

TAX EXEMPT FORMS

The new Kansas Tax Exempt form, and the Missouri Tax Exempt form, are both out on our Stake and Ward Website -- Stake Home Page, then click on "News and Information".

They are towards the bottom of the long list of documents shown there, and yes, any Ward can use them.
Everything you could ever want is out there on that website.

The Missouri form can be given to merchants to prove Tax Exempt status, BUT the merchant is NOT obligated to honor it. It is the merchants choice whether he wants to mess with it or not.

NOTE: The NEW Kansas Tax Exempt is now MUCH Simpler to use - no need to restrict it's use to $500 or more.


Using these forms, I recently set up a TAX FREE account at Office Max. I have a number that I use when I purchase supplies for the Primary at Office Max. At Costco, using a BUSINESS membership ($100), I have a TAX exempt # printed directly on my membership card. When I purchase supplies for the church, I simply refer to the number on my card and my purchase is tax exempt.

Both of these accounts took about 20 minutes to set-up, depending on the line! WELL worth the time spent.